Decision made
Jul 05, 2006

Well, I've made my decision and I'm sticking to my guns. I just got off the phone with the president of the company that had offered me a job. I turned them down. It was a pretty good offer—somewhat more than I'm currently making, a comparable retirement plan, decent benefits (but sadly no vision insurance), and a free T pass—but it's really just not what I want. I'm confident that I'm capable of making it as a freelancer, and, even if I'm wrong, I feel the need to at least try. I do plan, after I've gotten myself settled in Boston, on offering them my services on a contract basis if they ever have need, so it's possible that I'll still be doing some work for them. So really, there's nothing lost here, and the offer itself helped me gain a little confidence. I'm also going to be talking to my current boss today about the projects I'm currently working on and what will be happening with them. Hopefully this should lead into a discussion about me doing contract work for the company to finish up some of those projects (and possibly others). So really today represents a pretty good deal of progress. Now I just need to clear up all the details on my move and get started packing!
blog comments powered by Disqus